On with the dyeing experiments. I've got a red theme going on here.
Y'all know that Skacel Merino Lace yarn? I had a few skeins of it in my stash in neutral colors, so I decided to use them for dyeing experiments.
First experiment: 2 skeins (about 2600 yards) overdyed with red and a couple of other colors.* This spectacularly bad picture is the result:
It looks a bit better in person, but not much. What you can't really see is that there are light spots where the dye didn't penetrate too well. That's really the worst bit of it. I was experimenting with some small dye packets I got off Ebay. My other dyes do rather better than this.
I think this one will go back into the dyepot again.
Here it is after overdyeing:
It looks really nice in person. The red's a little richer, and instead of light sections, I've got dark sections.
*You'll notice I keep meticulous records of what I do. Ha. Haha.